Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8 women

• 03-12-2002 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

i went to see this yesterday because id heard it was a murder mystery, and saw it had gotten 3 stars in a few magazines. I didnt realise it was in subtitles and imagine my horror when about 10 minutes into the film, some of the characters started doing really cheesy singing and dancing, and i realised this was purposely part of the film. I spent the first half an hour hating the film and hating myself for making my friend go see it, and then.....it grew on me.

once u get past certain aspects of the film that make u cringe at first, its quite entertaining. by the end of the film i really enjoyed it, and its full of suprise twists and turns, if ur into that kind of thing. one of those 'i shouldnt like it but io do' type thing, IMO. anyone else seen it yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Saw it a while back, loved it, but it's by one of my favourite directors, so that was to be expected. The song and dance shenanigans are a piss-pull of some 50s film, whose name escapes me... verr funnay anyroad. Then again i'd watch Emmanuelle Beart and Fanny Ardent wallpapering a shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Yeah I did, it's a good laugh when your drinking whiskey and red bull with popcorn. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

i saw it several times.
    it's not my favourite film of françois ozon but the actresses are perfect in each character and the film has the ambiance of hercule poirot stories.
    of course the french songs might be a little disturbing for non french speaker, but they are so well linked to the women and the story.

Advertisement