Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Dreamweaver background image problem.

Options
  • 03-12-2002 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a limit to how big (KB) a background image can be? I've just had trouble with a jpeg background image that was around 52kb. When I changed it to a gif of around 15kb it was fine!
    The problem was the whole page in the browser was all scrambled up. I don't think it was a browser problem either as it even was messed up in dreamweaver (grey boxes everywhere with X's through them). Anyone else have this problem?

B.M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Maybe you saved the GIF to a different directory by accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

No. The weird thing was that the background image (big JPEG) would be fine for a while, then start to dissapear! The same thing happned on 4 different machines using 3 different browsers and 2 versions of DW (4 & MX). I did not develop the first version of the site, so maybe it's something odd in the code. :(

B.M.

Advertisement