Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

placebo

Options
  • 03-12-2002 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

just wondering if there are any fellow placebo fans here?
    personally, i think they're the best band in the world, but then being a mahusive fan myself i probably would think that.
    they have a new single coming out this winter and the new album will be released in the spring - woohoo!!!
    anyhoo, i thought that they deserved mentioning here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pretty good band.
    I've got their 3 albums.
    But it's all been downhill since their first.
    Probably wouldn't get their next one after the last one.
    Really thought it was quite poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 escapeing death

listen to the cure.placebo but older better more talented in my humble opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Placebo are definitely one of my favourite bands - their first album is certainly their best, but the quality didn't dwindle too much in the subsequent releases. Looking forward to the new one!

As for The Cure being "Placebo only better" - they're like Placebo I guess, but Placebo are a good bit more guitar orientated... I'm a bit of a fan of The Cure as well, but I have to say I prefer Placebo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd say that's a rather lazy comparison, but I'd go for the Cure over Placebo any day. I'd say The Cure have more quality albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I was just wondering what they've been up to, I haven't got any of their stuff, but know it quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

We're perfectly aware of who's saying what, thanks for the pointers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not too keen on Black Market Music, but their other two LPs are fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I liked black market music and without you im nothing.. both good cds.. and 'every you every me' is one of my favourite songs..

"a friend in needs a friend indeed, a friend with weed is better ;)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭rien_du_tout

I love that song off of Black market music. I cant remember the name, some of the lyrics go "sex, drugs, f*cking in the streets, revolution"

.......oh ya.....
    seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

Originally posted by rien_du_tout
    I love that song off of Black market music. I cant remember the name, some of the lyrics go "sex, drugs, f*cking in the streets, revolution"

spite and malice
    it's a cool song, very unlike most of their other stuff, well, the stuff they've released anyhoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sonic truth

yea amazing band....i thought the bmm was good but nothing on the previous 2....one of my favourite songs of all time is actually a b-side of the bruise pristine single called "and then the clouds will open for me" - bloody amazing song -really hit me - its just molko and an acoustic but every placebo fan should hear it....his voice goes sooo high on that song...great stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Nancy Boy's original test.... MY GLOD! THAT'S A HIGH PITCHED VOICE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

IS THIS THE BOYS THAT DID EVERY ME EVERY YOU?????????/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rubyseyes

yep! it was their last single off the album "without you i'm nothing"....

"i'm unclean a libertine & every time you vent your spleen
    i seem to lose the power of speech
    your slipping slowly from my reach
    you grow me like an evergreen
    you've never seen the lonely me at all

without you i'm nothing
    without you i'm nothing at all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Placebo = God , is all i can say .

Cant wait for their 4th album actually and in a few months , placebo all over tv (again) and a gig . wooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

hmm.... i really liked their first album, but absolutely loved "without you im nothing" and therefore was deeply dissapointed in "blackmarket music".

bloody good live though :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I think Black Market Music gets a bad press...

It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be

BMMs great ! whats wrong with it ! Its brilliant , people just expect placebo to stay the same .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rubyseyes

it is a very good album probably one of their finest songs (haemeglobin) is on it - thats an amazing powerful song....plus lots of other crackers - but their was something about wyin that got to me more than bmm ...their is a wierd atmosfere on wyin that i love ..sort of like a relationship breakup limbo vibe yanno? plus every single song on it is amazing from pure morning to evil dildo.......

haemeglobin great , only after a LONG TIME i realised it was about racisim .

• Advertisement

4th albums "sleeping with ghosts" out march 24th .
    Single is out 10 march , just heard bitter end , its brilliant !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

yeh, bitter end is soooooooooo cool.
    heard it for the first time the other day and got VERY excited. can't wait for sleeping with ghosts to come out!!!!!! :D
    WOOHOO for placebo!!!!

btw, this is catspring (am just using freak_bruther's 'puter)

got few more tracks from the album , dunno what to say really . Its diffrent , il grow to like it . "Special needs" is great though .
    Its excellent .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

hey they are the only band to write a song about kotomine, that deserves a pat on the back.
    SPECIAL K

thats a great song .
    Cant wait for the release of sleeping with ghosts , sounds very good , theve even done a heavy intro track .
    Its totally different , electronic .

Advertisement