Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deep Blue Sea on TG4

• 03-12-2002 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

An ok film ... worth a watch and its on TG4 tonight. I was quite surprised to see them show such a relatively new flick!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah i love this film it is brilliant.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Avoid this trash like the fúcking plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's worth watching once because the characters are a bit quirky for a mainstream action movie but its not a film that stands up well to repeated viewings.

i have only seen it once and it was in the cinema it is not a cinematic great but it is definitely worth the watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Geneticaly modified Mako sharks, sexy lead character and a rapper who cooks.. what more do you want in a no brain action film?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Saruman
    Geneticaly modified Mako sharks, sexy lead character and a rapper who cooks.. what more do you want in a no brain action film?
    Personally speaking? Titties.

yeah u can never go wrong with some of those ..... unless of course they r male titties and then eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's an enjoyable film. Couple of nice unexpected touches :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

I enjoyed it, which was a improvement from the JAWS films but
    Samuel L Jackson got killed in the submarine room - Noooooo!
    - I wasn't expecting that one. Overall - I would give it 3/5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I've watched it months before on Sky and thought it wasn't to bad. Having watched it again tonight I must say it still made for entertaining stuff and the best shark flick I've seen since the original Jaws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Its an OK film, origional jaw's is miles better tho in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Watched it there when it was on. That bit (you know which one I mean) was brilliant, made the film much more memorable. Otherwise it's pretty mindless but enjoyable nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Sam Jackson said with tongue firmly in cheek that one of the reasons he did Deep Blue Sea was cos he gets eaten. Even he realises how bad the movie was!!
    And Saffron Burrows... did she really need to strip to her underwear to fight the shark??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Kalina
    And Saffron Burrows... did she really need to strip to her underwear to fight the shark??
    Yes she did. She absolutely, 100%, had to strip to beat that shark.

Kind of surprised me when Sam Jackson's character died in it when I saw it first. I was sure he'd be standing at the end, facing down the last shark. He'd look the shark in the eye, and say "Do you read the bible, shark? I have this passage memorised....."

There were some nice touches, though. I liked Michael Rapaport's death (complete with twitching feet), and the sequence in the vertical chamber with the ladder was well done.

- Dave.

yeah the twitching feet added to it brilliantly and i was so happy when LL Cool J survives................. some classic cheesy lines aswell "you ate my bird" brilliant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

The twitching leg was a nice feature alright!!! When I saw DBS in the cinema I was a bit shocked when Samuel L. got chewed up by the sharks it's not something u expect 2 happen!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

Originally posted by DrizztIE
    I enjoyed it, which was a improvement from the JAWS films but
    Samuel L Jackson got killed in the submarine room - Noooooo!
    - I wasn't expecting that one. Overall - I would give it 3/5.

Mick if i didnt know you id call u a ****ing muppet!!!!! Jesus what a comment to make, ur films r up ur arse m8!!!! So u give DBS a 3/5 so what exactly would u give Jaws???? MUPPET!!!!
    :D

btw dbs is absolutely useless, utter crap tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i dont think it was that bad for tg4.

dont forget that they probabily blew 1/2 their budget to show it.
    and why do people compare Jaws and dbs. they were completily differant. Dbs was about what happens when you keep poken a shark but jaws 1 & 2 were all about one family who had an over affectionate pet fish! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i actually enjoyed it a lot more than i was expecting to, seeing as couple of people had told me it was complete muck...

anyone know when tg4 are going to show payback? (if they havn't already that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

screw payback - when they showing Boggie Night

come on RollerBladeGirl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lemondrop

OK movie saw it when it first came out. would watch it again if i had noting else was on

Surprising that a big star like Samuel L. Jackson dies so early on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by hussey
    screw payback - when they showing Boggie Night

come on RollerBladeGirl
    they've already shown it, back in may if my memory is to be trusted.
    (and they didnt have rollerblades back then, just rollerskates)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Deep Blue Sea tis entertaining in a trashy kind of way nice blood effects and gore and stuff.Easy to watch and forget twenty minutes later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

total n utter tripe (no pun intended), sam's motivational speach then geting eaten roxored rofl :D

Payback is on TG4 this week (yet another movie I really liked, but everyone else seems to hate!)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by TmB
    Payback is on TG4 this week (yet another movie I really liked, but everyone else seems to hate!)

- Dave.

I thought that was a pretty enjoyable film also... Suprised everyone hated it!

Stop. I'm getting misty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Payback-I just watched it today. Pretty good movie imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭festivala

Originally posted by TmB

- Dave.

Great soundtrack, brilliant opening, and the bit with the suitcases is excellent (classic actor RIP).

It's still not as good as the original though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement