Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dixons Currys and PC World hit BIG problem.

• 03-12-2002 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Links from Here , todays story Here

Seems theres no money in providing a proper service, what a shame.

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

.......proper service..........

Dixons? are you mad man? They are a shower of rip-off merchants whos staff have about as much idea off what they are doing as a monkey with a scalpel(i know because 4 of my friends work/ed there, one of which cant even set the time on a video). they make the most of their income from selling batteries and other consumables. anything else to make any sort of a resonable profit margin on they need to sell the extended warrenty(or Master Care Cover Plan, repeat in a brummie accent to echo an old manager from the jervis st branch).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I bought an extended 3 year warranty for my laptop when i bought it.. unfortunatly my brother just tripped over the cable recently while he had it watching a movie and it fell and the screen got scraped off his tv... the insurance thing does NOT cover cosmetic damage like scratches so it would be better if he had broke the screen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

what kind of knowlage do you expect them to have most of them are students working part-time getting just over minimum wage,do you also expcct the staff of dunnes stores to work out a healty eating plan for you.its not there fault its the managements fault for not training them enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

the insurance thing does NOT cover cosmetic damage like scratches so it would be better if he had broke the screen!

Give it a belt of a hammer and then bring it in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I'm sure nobody's advocating insurance fraud,
    i think what he MEANT to say was that if the laptop accidentally met with a hammer, it may be better for all concerned :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'm sure nobody's advocating insurance fraud, i think what he MEANT to say was that if the laptop accidentally met with a hammer, it may be better for all concerned

Oops er ... yea ... yes .... ahem ...

Do not under any circumstances put the laptop on the floor with the screen laid out flat on the ground while you are standing over it learning to juggle hammers ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Was that a fraudian slip?

I'll get my coat.

Advertisement