Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Friends

• 03-12-2002 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

well come on then what did everyone think????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

pah! watched it just to see what was going to happen. had its moments though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Surprisingly for me, it actually had a few laughs. But all in all I really hope this is the last series .... its getting very tiresome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

tiresome to say the least....it's so formulaic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

tbh i didn't really think it was that great at all. it was moe like a normal episode than the season premier! I had it funny bits too but overall i wasn't too impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i thought it was quite good actually

i think in this series if it is the last one they r going to completely rely on story rather than funniness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

i thought it was quite good aswell, there were some good bits in it, mainly coming from joey tho....

and that preview of the next episode aswell was funney, again maninly joey, because he hits Ross in the face a couple o times. :D

yeah the next episode looked hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

The next one looks far better, this seemed extremely immature humour from untalented script writer and frankly the stale nature reminded me of more recent Simpsons episodes...

For a season premiere, disappointing. For a show that brands itself as 'comedy', shockingly bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I enjoyed it. Very Friends like, nothing unexpected. Jenifer Aniston is going to do another one anyway. Hopeful it will go out on a high this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i liked it
    yeah, the ad for next week's episode was brill cant wait for it.
    its either this series, or the enxt series thats the last one, but i read in a magazine jennifer anniston,saying that there was only one mre series left.

• Advertisement

i think they r trying to get JA to agree to one more series after this one and all the other five want to do it but she doesn't so there is talk of getting reese witherspoon back in to take over from rachel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

wha???? they casnt do that!!!!
    just end it. have pheobe shag joey, ross marry rachel and chandler get monica up the duff. it what we've all been waiting for since series 1. well....maybe its what i ahve been waiting for anyway. ;)

that is what they r thinking - and yes we have all been waiting for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

this seemed extremely immature humour from untalented script writer

Apparently there are 13 script writers, and its still dog poop on a stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

I really liked it and I haven't been a fan of the series for a while but I'm going to following it from now on. I can understand why some people dislike like it, it can be comedy by numbers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's all far too immediate, most American comedies seem to be that way, i.e a joke works now or it doesn't work. No slow-moving jokes or ones that get funnier with repetition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rhea

Its a parody of itself.

Utter rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I enjoyed watching Joey, he was very good but the others and especially Ross weren't funny at all.
    The sooner they finish it the better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lemondrop

Well it was ok, i think its just that all the writers have run out of original storylines......its meant tobe the last series and they have to end it with some kind of reason and by making them all grow up and move on (with the exception of Joey and Phoebie) seems to be the only way. Im still going to follow it though.......anything beats studying!!!!!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

wasn't too impressed, lacked something.. like their carrying on like it does have the same meaning for them anymore? i dunno just didn't seem right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Originally posted by thedrowner
    have pheobe shag joey, ross marry rachel and chandler get monica up the duff.

That's exactly what I expect will happen too :)

It would be much more fun if Chandler discovers he was gay after all and runs off with Gunther. Monica, heartbroken at Chandler's betrayal, turns into a bitter man hating psychopath decides to kills off the entire male population (of New York anyway) including Joey and Ross, only Ross survives but is severly brain damaged and needs a transplant of the dead Joey's brain in order to live. He later goes on to become President. Phoebe goes (even more crazy), murders Frank and Alice and steals the triplets back and joins a cult in India with Rachel, her baby and Ugly Naked Guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Last nights episode wasn't great at all. The scene in Central Perk (hit me... hit me....) was a glimpse at how good friends used to be, and phoebe had some good lines, but otherwise .......

Oh well....

- Dave.

Advertisement