Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeworld..

Options
  • 26-08-1999 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Forget your X-wings, godammit this looks good, and fun too smile.gif

Anyone, played/seen it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I've only seen the avi/mpeg that comes with half-life, looks like one of those games I just have to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

its bloody good

oh god its good smile.gif

way more fun than C&C:TS. Its basically like controlling one of those massive space battles you see in star wars or star trek.

Build, fighters, frigates and big fu<k off battlecruisers that have these phaser thingys which just slice through waves of enemy ships smile.gif

The detail is amazing, good storyline and the graphics rule, if your looking for explosions youve come to the right place smile.gif

Control method is really good, which is a necessity as the whole thing is in 3D and it can get a bit hectic with lots of ships. You can set different tactics (aggressive, neutral and evasive) and custom formations.
    for your ships

Get it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Got through the training part last night, it was tough on me 3D movement agh! I enjoyed the training mission for what it was worth, the tutor has a really sexy voice smile.gif

theres somthing similar called Star Trek fleet command, I've heard a lot of people say it was pretty stunning.

methinks Homeworld has started a new trend.

When's it out here???(in Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Should be out around now (Sept 99)

homeworld025.jpg

now doesnt that look like fun boys and girls?

theres one for everybody in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

According to my local shop, its not released here until 1st Oct. So either you muppets have a warez copy or the european release is sooner frown.gif

The demo of star fleet command is good but I want Homeworld, Large hectic battles in space, sounds like fun.

Ive been getting further into it recently. The scale of the ships and the power of their weaponry is just unbelievable.

One or 2 destroyers or a cruiser can easily hold their own against huge numbers of enemy fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Oh great! I can dust down my Joystick.

So, whats the mulitplayer going to be like??

I downloaded the demo of Home World on Friday. Damn its good, shame you cant play the demo on a lan. A definite purchase when it comes out

smile.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Oh god now I'm going to ave to d/l it.
    should only take a couple of hours

Yeah! It only took me 2 hours but 67mb is a bit hefty for modem users

Soon you will call me MASTER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Isn't homeworld more like Frontier:Elite 2 than Star Trek:Fleet Command (which is basically just MOO2) ???

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Well, that took a while smile.gif
    But definitely worth it - the game is excellent - TA in space is the closest comparison I can think of. Control system is surprisingly good. I hope you can rename ships in the full version. USS EgoManiac, Splodge etc. I think I'll d/l Thief Gold tomorrow.

BTW - The Starfleet Command demo is also worth a look. Its on last month PC Gamer coverdisk. I bought Star Trek: BOTF thinking it was it last week, its not bad - a star trek MOO2.

MOO2???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Master Of Orion 2, if it wasn't for those pesky Antarans.... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 16-09-99).]

I installed MOO2 again yesterday and it still rocks.
    I think I even prefer it to CivII
    Worth getting on budget

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Nah, master of orion 1 I thought was way class ..... that and millenium 2.2 (oops, I've been playing too much C64, ST games again)

• Advertisement

Pooor you.

Advertisement