Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Radeon tv out problem

• 03-12-2002 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I got myself a ATI Radeon (7500) card, mainly so that I can get TVout functions.

But the TV OUT is in grey!!!!! I can't seem to find anything about getting colour into it!

If anyone could help, I'd be appreciative.

Rgds
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I know old TV out cards that I used needed to have the screen resolution at a maximum of 800x600. Have you tried this?

EDIT: Also drop the refresh rate to 60Hz, iirc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 no2fees

I don't seem to be able to change the screen size in Display properties, the only option is changing the resolution, and that does nothing!

Rgds
    Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by no2fees
    I don't seem to be able to change the screen size in Display properties, the only option is changing the resolution, and that does nothing!

Go into Display - properties- settings - advanced - monitor...it should be listed there?

then only option available is to change the display type.

currently its "Generic Television".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

You'll be needing this!

I've found it to be essential for the sort of stuff you're trying to do, total control over the tv output from your gfx card.

Luc

• Advertisement

I've heard of that program, but it only support NVdiia chipsets,
    I have an ATI Radeon.

Sorry for annoying you by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Ah, my bad... sorry. (I even thought it supported all gfx cards!)

Luc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Oh dear God.. look if you get a black and white screen on the TV out then its set to the wrong country.. it will be NTSC so set it to PAL or pick UK

Oh and make sure you got the card in the UK and Ireland.. otherwise the firmware will be set to the USA and no way to change that.. ATI dont supply firmware! Gateway has one that might work but i doubt it since its for the older Radeon card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

cou could try this in your display settings - if its set to 'composite' switch it to 's-video' of visa-versa disregarding what connection it is actually running

Whats the quality of the tv-out like? Im thinking of getting a radeon 7000 just for a tv-out.

ohh and btw
    tv tool pwns on my gf3 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You can complain about ATI drivers and game issues all you like but you cant fault their TV out.. much better than my G-Force 3 for tv out but thats about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Saruman's on the ball, I had this prob. just set it to PAL from display->Advanced. Mine still boots up in black 'n' white till it hits windows though :(

Advertisement