Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA: Kingdoms

Options
  • 11-09-1999 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Anyone playing it?

I got it last week, I've been playing it on and off. Nice game, great graphics: amazing detail. But it sure does slow down when you reach the unit max: its really starting to crawl on my Celery 450 with 128M ram.

I'm not sure if its as good as TA though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

I got it a few weeks ago and have to say I hate the game. The path finding is Iffy, the flying units have an annoying habit of landing at the most inopportune moments. I really WANT to like this game but I just don't. I'm running it on a PII 400 and with 128mb and it's still a bit jerky. Also the load time to run a game is Ridiculus. I'd say Avoid this one IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I'm going to give it a while more. I didn't notice the units doing anything any more stupid than those in TA, though my dragons seemed to have a mind of their own...

My main problem is the slowdown when you start to max out the number of units.

I suppose that for a game that was released 2 years after TA, you would expect some improvement in unit AI, and perhaps Cavedog were a bit too ambitious with the unit detailing: I wonder what sort of machine would run it smoothly... but all in all, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

TA in new clothes and not even very nice ones. Even more disappointing than C&C TS.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Funny you should say that: I got TA:K cos I was so dissappointed by TS...

Advertisement