Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB problems in MS2000 (printing +++)

Options
  • 03-12-2002 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm having problems with USB connectivity on my machine, well I think it's USB.

Machine:
    1 Gig Athon, 640MB RAM, Geforce 2 card etc. 4 USB ports 2 front & 2 at back. Running Ms2000 pro & MS98.

I have 3 USB devices, a joystick, a disco 128mb hard storage pen thingy & a hp3420 printer.

The strangest think happens, win200 can see & install all of the above but as soon as you start using any of them they work for a few seconds & then crash.

The disco harddrive works in 98 on the same machine --- off to check the printer now.

If anyone has any idea why this is happening & could have pointers on how to fix it, it would be great -

going to need the print alot soon (thesis to write)

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Does your USB have a Via Chipset!?
    if so the printer could be pulling too much current and cause a circuit breaker/fuse device to interupt the connection in the intrest of safety.......try geting a lucent based pci usb chipset and see what happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Thanks for the suggestion SearrarD,

Will use it if all else fails, will try to get if sorted without spending Yo-Yos.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

Does your USB have a Via Chipset!?

is that a known issue man?

if so is it just restricted to via?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

Sounds like you need the USB filter patch for Windys2000- it is a VIA chipset we are talking about here?

Downloadable from here:

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=71#usb

http://www.sudhian.com/faqs.cfm/fid/2/fcid/23.sud (do a Find for "USB")

Hope this helps.
    /mk

Advertisement