Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between IT, College and University?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Cities are also cities due to royal charter that is why kilkenny and waterford are cities,
    From my experience I have attended bout and IT and a college, I found that the college was very like school in ways,the rules the lack of freedom but as a result we had good attendance it was also much smaller then an It or a Uni so it was alot more personal and you got alot of one2one attention from the teachers,It was also extrememly practiacial and prepared you straight for the work force,
    In the IT there was alot more freedom,less practicial work(there was still alot) much more facilites,bigger libraries,extra subjects that were not immediately relevent to work but also relevent to life,
    I have also found evening courses to me more or less the same as IT lectures,
    I personally would not do a practicial subject ie computers in an Irish uni ,I am aware dcu has a good enough comp apps course,but there is also no offence meant to any of them the ucd graduates who barely know how to switch on a pc never mind work with them which from my experience is the majority of them,
    In theory they know alot about programming etc but in practice switching on a pc can prove a perplexing challenge to them,

Advertisement