Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TS Vs Sc Vs TA

Options
  • 19-09-1999 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Which is best?
    personally I'd Consider these Three V Different Games all doing the same genre but in three different styles.

First You have Starcraft which is more Arcade Styled in that it is very fast paced with no such thing as a really Defence Line it's all attack attack attack ( unless your terran Cub Scout out camping )

Total Annihilation is the Thinking Mans Sc with Hundreds upon hundreds of possible Moves to be made with Subs Ships Fighters Huge Berthas etc etc. this Game lacks nothing. Best feature is that went you take out an Ai commander His Force split in to two more Sides and the Ai doesn't Get stupider the more you run ( Star Craft )

Tiberium Sun has to be well below everybodies expectations. Multiplayer here just sucks. The Nod seem to have the Advtage on the ground yet again ( GDi units too ****ing slow to close fast enough on arties and a few well placed Rocket inf can rip all orca's out of the sky( Sick of those Noddy Bike and Buggy Rushers )

You just can't compare them really.Sc is Good For a Any game Under a hour while TA games Can go on for ages

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Never got into Starcraft. TA without a doubt one of the best games of any genre, ever. I played online every day for over a year (got quite good too). It looks and plays better than any of the others. C&C was brilliant for it's time but TS stinks of S hit. Two years wasted. Also S hit was TA Kingdoms - another huge disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I have to agree, TA is one of the best games of it's type, TS is not too bad but it could have been better. SC was pretty good aswell but I never really took to it. I used to play TA online alot but I have not had the time lately, tis nicely done the way the multiplayer is set out in a storyline of sorts. Makes a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Well, I've only just started with TA:K (check my earlier thread), but TA was (and still is) the best RTS game. Ever. I loved Dune2 and c&c, but TA, it's the best.

I never played much Starcraft, so I can't really comment...

I was most unimpressed with TS though, after 2 years I was hoping for somthing really good. Fancy cut scenes just don't do it for me.

Advertisement