Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound engineering courses

Options
  • 04-12-2002 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I'm looking into doing a course in Sound engineering. Does anyone have any views on the various ones around. Where do you get value for money...

Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

my friwnd gav went to pulse...

he has a job in salt studios... his best mate from college , mark, is house engineer in windmill... another of his mates is house engineer in westland and another is house engineer in pulse

thats 4 outta about 30 i think... 3 of them in the best studios in the country, so i reckon pulse is damn good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Wools

Ask Ballyfermot for a bit of info - I did the engineering course there, great bit o'craic.

Ballyer

Dr. Woolington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nessy

I did the course in Pulse... got a job before I even left the place. Started as studio engineer, worked up to Production Manager - went to London ran a Music Brokers there.. back here now running my own business.. Pulse is THE place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭JAFO

Pulse has a good rap alright.. I went to Ballyfermot and NYU, now the main Pro Tools Installation engineer for the counrty!. HA!!

neeeeeeerd

• Advertisement

yes.. I'm such a nerd, I get paid to play my giutar "to test" Pro Tools HD systems, perhaps do some recording, EVERY DAY... I'm such a lucky nerd!!

g'wan outta that ya neeeeeerd...next you'll tell us that you actually know how to use pro tools when everyone and their dog knows that there is actually no such thing

haahaa... well there's: no tools, pro stitools, flow tools, BLO TOOLS!!... ahahaa, Pol Tools

know all above tools, insideout!!.. I SWEAR!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Muppet Monarchy

YEAH! That ****ing rooooooooolls.

Or would, if ProTools didn't sound like ****.

Switch to RADAR.

• Advertisement

eh??!

Advertisement