Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A+ certification

• 04-12-2002 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Looking to do this course in the New year

want to learn how to fix my PC update viruses, change graphics cards etc etc and to build on this.

I have looked at a few places and Dorset college seeme to be the cheapest but then net_college thingy... the fas online courses is 10% of the cheapest price.........

is there any point in doing this course online as I assume this is very very hands on.....

any suddestions ?

paddy:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Get a tech support job.

You will learn all that and get paid for it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

typedef.

i have 3 years web design behind me compnaies wont look at me for tech supoet jobs... treid and testeeeeed, no job no way

but thanks anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I know a few people who have done this course and it does seem quite hands on. If you know the details already and/or are just looking for the certification possibly the online will do the job, but if you're actually looking to learn then attend a course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭jamesd

I did the exam -

It's worthwhile doing as you'll learn loads
    Buy a book or 2 on it and a cram guide and that's all you'll need.

Also looks good on the CV.

James

Advertisement