Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia v. Panasonic

• 04-12-2002 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

Which is better?;
    Nokia 7650 or Panasonic GD87.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Straw Polls suggest the Panasonic sucks, and many phones are coming up with software bugs, and hardware faults.

Same straw polls put Nokia and Sharp on an equal footing.

Personally, I've always hated Nokias, and Panasonic can't make phones for sh1t. And I'm getting my Sharp tomorrow for €75. w00t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Is it just me or is the 7650 a bloody brick? I can't imagine ever using one as a phone.. my current one is big enough (3210).
    Complete waste of money as well, considering the different standards of picture messaging and MMS that phones use (different resolutions/colours etc.).. wait a year and buy a camera phone thats half the size and weight and guaranteed to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Yup its a brick alright.
    I was given one for a day to try out, not really a lot of time but the phone is very big by today standards, heavy and i can imagine leaving it at home if i had one.

MMS is a gimmick, needs another 6 months and about 200,000 more customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

[Janice]Oh my god[/Janice]

Guys... I've been using the 7650 day-in-day-out for over 3 months now. It is not, I repeat... NOT that big. It Never feels bigger or heavier than other phones. I hate Nokia phones as a rule, but this one is a peach, plus it's got the best camera on the market. The Sharp is muck, much like the Panasonic. Awful phones altogether :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Fidelis, you really know what you are taking about, i hate that sharp pap too.

David Beckham can ram it up his ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ironape

I'm gonna have to agree with fidelis and bananas. I've had one for over a week now and I have to say its the sh1t. I thought it was great when I saw it first (about a year ago) - from design/looks/hardware point of view - but then when I actually got one and used it...its amazing. Nokia know what there doing when it comes to phones - thats why they're so popular, the whole intuitive interface thing.

Also I had an 8210 before (which is teeny-tiny) and I didn't find it big at all. Speakerphone + Bluetooth + IR + GPRS + HSCSD + Big Colour Display + Java + Camera (640 x 480) + mms + proximity sensor + light sensor + Polyphonic ringtones + Audio recorder + samples as ringtones + Multitasking + pictures associated with numbers + email + web browsing + video recording + really long txt messages + (c)wap + background images + different colour schemes = one happy ape :)

Ape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The 7650 looks bigger and heavier than it is. Once you get used to it, it really isn't that big. And it isn't heavy at all.

Personally I wouldn't touch the Sharp or Panasonic phones. The Nokia has more of a PDA-feel to it, I love mine. It's the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Has anyone seen the panasonic and sharp phones side by side? They look like they rolled outta the same factory, the sh1t factory!
    I cant find pics of them now, moving to another class, one sec...

Advertisement