Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 import question

Options
  • 04-12-2002 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Over the last year ive gotten my hands on a good few import ps1 games(chrono cross, star ocean 2, xenogears and legend of mana) that i play on epsxe. over chrimbo i should be purchasing a ps2. since im broke at the moment buying a plethora of ps2 games is not an option so i was wondering is there any way to play these import ps1 games on a european ps2? i dont want to chip the ps2 so is there an action replay trick like the ps1 that can be used?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

to the best of my knowledge you need some form of modchip to play any imports...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Damnit, ePSXe it is then. Which is bad because xenogears crashes more times than a de havilland comet in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Buy second hand ps1., buy swap disk or better yet download one, they're only a few megs, and thats it, i rekon you could get the machine for 30-40 quid and if you cant download the disk, you can buy them in most places for 10-15

tried a boot disc i d/l one day on a mates ps1. did it work........no. ironicly you need a chipped ps1 do get the downloaded boot disc to work :(
    i havent seen one to buy in ireland and the only place that i would trust to buy them online, lik-sang cant sell them anymore :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got a swap disk from Gamezone in Dublin a while ago. About 15 yoyos and works really well. You can also imput action replay codes from the disk. I think it was called psxchange 2.

• Advertisement

You've obviously not actually used a swap disk but a crappy loader for the initial chips at the re-release of the psOne, when the machine needed both a chip and disk. Just go download a proper standalone swap disk. I've used them loads of times, they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    ...xenogears crashes more times than a de havilland comet in it :(
    DH Comets didn't crash. They only...kinda...disentegrated in mid-air.

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    DH Comets didn't crash. They only...kinda...disentegrated in mid-air.

whan a plane stops flying and hits the ground to the lay-man its usually considered a crash :)

[edit] Crash, its one of those terrible buzz words thrown around. i like to call it an unrequested altitude deficiency [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by bugs
    You've obviously not actually used a swap disk but a crappy loader for the initial chips at the re-release of the psOne, when the machine needed both a chip and disk. Just go download a proper standalone swap disk. I've used them loads of times, they work.
    bs, theres no way a downloaded boot disk would work without a mod chip.
    your cd burner isnt able to write certain parts of the boot area of the cd (the country code i think
    i tried downloading 3 different bootdisks, and ended up with 3 coasters

Discostu, you're mailbox is full so i can't reply to your message.... what you've downloaded will probably be grand, i've used so many of them when i was in work, 90% work.
    I have a plugmod handy and since i dont have a ps1 anymore you can have that if its any use to ya.

• Advertisement
Advertisement