Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD rom/ ZIP drive/ CD burner not detected :(

• 04-12-2002 7:31pm

Compatibility mode paging reduces overall system performance.

Windows was unable to identify a real-mode driver or memory-resident program loaded in your Config.sys or Autoexec.bat file. You will see another message that lists the name of the driver or program causing the problem.
    Because Windows could not identify the driver or program, it has switched to MS-DOS compatibility mode to ensure the program will run. However, this decreases overall performance. To improve performance, remove the program or driver causing the problem, or contact its manufacturer for an upgraded version.

My system is not detecting my DVD rom drive, my ZIP drive or my CD burner. I went into performance in system properties and I got the above message. Can sum1 give me a hand with this? It's a bit odd since my floppy drive seems untouched.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Re-start in safe mode.
    Un-install the *faulty* drives and disconnect cables.

Boot up properly and shut down.

Re-Connect cables and let windoss pick back up the drives again.

I tried that with my burner but it didnt work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

this may be a lil too drastic...

fdisk

I had something similar happen where neither my DvD nor CD-R were being picked up by XP. [my problem was more serious tho..I was getting a BSOD in XP :mad:]

Brought it to a shop....guy tried a normal cd-rom on the cable..no work.
    Tried a new cable..no work..

tried my DvD in his machine...worked grand

took a fdisk n fresh OS install to fix it.

Advertisement