Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up spam

Options
  • 04-12-2002 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is getting a lot of these of late

popupspam.JPG

Anyone know how to block them? I presume the senders are generating the I.P's now, because it's happened on different ISP's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I've got them.

Bloody annoying. I think they are through msn messenger but even when i have it shut down they can pop up. And they will cut through whatever app/game or whatever i am in.

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by Jak
    I think they are through msn messenger
    Windows "net send" messenger service (not the same). See here for instructions on how to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Just got it awhile ago ,
    thx meh for telling me how to disable net send

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Much appreciate the solution guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

YahooNews writeup here. Growing problem as you might expect - kudos to them for including easy instructions on disabling the Windows messaging service (though a note that it won't affect MSN/Yahoo Messenger might have been good as some people get a bit confused about these things).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thanks for the link
    was annoying me for ages :)

Advertisement