Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DF out of HPB Cup

Options
  • 29-09-1999 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

DF lost their UK HPB Cup Quarter Final to PB, which was played over dm2 & dm3, and over 2 different nites as well. On Monday nite they lost on q2dm2 97-46. The DF lads had poor connections and packet loss, but after watching some of the demo, i think they threw in the towel here too early and gave up. By the nature of dm2, once you grab control of the quad area you can dominate it, even when lagged.

After the first level they agreed to prospone the second level till the next evening. So last nite, DF had the chance to win the tie on q2dm3, which is probably their best level. They lost it 80-81, and really they should have whupped PB on it. Very poor teamplay on the Quad cost DF the match. Whoever was on DF quad support should be dragged outside and given a good kicking as PB basically controlled it for most of the game. The fact that they did this and only won by a single frag shows how superior DF were in other positions. [DF]Max was left out to dry on Quad and had to resort to taking the lift to try and get it.

PB now move into the last 4, and my prediction is that they will get a severe kicking by whoever they meet next.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Hmmmm. I wouldn't say anyone threw in the towel, actually. It was impossible to play at all. Eg. I was a spectator for a while and watched tincool trying to attack the RA lift.
    One time he was dissed and suspended above the lift for about a minute and another time froze. You can't keep and area secure if the p/l is so bad you just freeze oly to find yourslef dead when things normalise. thats why I pulle the team out. It was just that bad.

I agree, though with the rest. We should have won and PB should get slaughtered.

Advertisement