Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statistics font

Options
  • 04-12-2002 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Not really sure if this is where I should be posting but a kind admin can always redirect me...
    Anyway, I'm looking for a font that does statistical symbols, such as x with a bar over it etc... I've been looking and looking but I've had no luck thus far. I've found a few mathematical fonts but they don't have the symbols I want. Anybody know where I can get one? It's for use in a college project btw, performing analysis on the data I have etc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

The only thing I can think of that comes close would be something like Tex or LaTex. This would allow you to type up documents using these symbols. e.g., \bar{X} would give an X with a bar over it. Don't know if it willl help in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Have you tried MathType ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[SG]BGA

Thanks for the help guys, I'll look into them both...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

TeX would be the *ideal* solution, but I've a feeling you'll settle for a more WYSIWIG style of solution.

Even some people in Maths are doing t now ... heracy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement