Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Work Experience Ever!

Options
  • 04-12-2002 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

From December 9th until December 18th I will be doing work experience in... C.T.Y.I.!!! Yay! I get to hang out with Colm and Caitriona Fitz and other such peoples all day. Much fun to be had I am sure. Anyway, just though I'd let y'all know. Oh, and High School (Rathgar?) is full of pussies... at least their first year rugby team is...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

But will you be beside air traffic controllers? I thought not. That reminds me, I must buy some chloroform...................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

i wanna do that!! bob, how!!! tell me!!!!!! I'd love to do that!!!!! email me with stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The fact the IAA will let a 15 year old in the control tower frightens me, quite frankly. That and the fact they let convicted criminals with fake references work there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I applied for Work Experience at CTYI for the week after Bob but the offices aren't open. For the first week I get to work at a vets. Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

I think barry might make quite a good don... as for work experience, not-so-subtle hints to parents beckon... :p "mom, i heard of a friend that he was going to do work experience at CTYI, sounds good eh?" heheheh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I liked getting to make a comic. Even if they made us sit in the school and the best bit was that our artist ended up not doing the work so we got off scot free! YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by eth0_
    The fact the IAA will let a 15 year old in the control tower frightens me, quite frankly. That and the fact they let convicted criminals with fake references work there too.
    Ya see, the thing about that is that is that my mother works in the IAA. As the Secretary to the Chief Executive. As one of the highest paid secretaries that I have ever seen. This means that I get 2 days in the control tower, 3 days in the lisencing office and 5 days in the inpregnable room-with-a-server-in-it that is IT unit. The fact that I already know most of the building helps me, but the fact that my mother will be in the same building doesn't.

I've been in the tower before, including with a ctyi aviation studies tour. And control tower security is fairly secure in that the entire security force was replaced after that, plus a swipe card is needed to get into the tower.

Advertisement