Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway to extract cool ingame soundtrack in Diablo I?

Options
  • 05-12-2002 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Remember the cool background music in Diablo? Is there any way to extract the music from the the one big 500Mb file that is Diablo? Or it could be red-audio... just wondering if one tried. It seems like they packed everything into one file.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Found a utility Mpqedit that does the job and extracted the songs. I am a happy camper again... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i was going to post the same question a couple of months back, must've forgot to.
    i'll do a quick google for that prog now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I have that music on mp3 some wheres and i have no idea where i even got it from! I have it that long, may have been from my napster days!

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Do a little search for the "Diablo - Tristram" theme, which you could probably nab off the Diablo 2 website (seeing as it's also in that game).

The catacombs music was brilliant also - Oh the sounds of crying babies and women wailing in pain. If anyone has that file, can they be so good as to let me know where I can nab it? (I have the majority of the Diablo 2 Sound track at home).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

The link for that mpqeditor...

http://vulcan.spaceports.com/~gibit/diablo/mpqed13b1.zip

Handy to check out the conversation wav files too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement