Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AND THIS, VR GLASSES for gaming

Options

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Looks really cool. Has anyone actually used VR sets? Are they any good?

How much are these yokes and where can you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yea they had at IQCL and they were painful to use. Never got actually play with them as Reaper had typed "unbindall" before getting up. smile.gif

Oh yea those Sony ones are not VR goggles, they emulate a wide screen cinema view, not 3D, and I believe they aren't that great (I was going to buy a set so did my homework on it).

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Shame. I love gadgets. If you could get ones with decent picture quality for gamesit would truely Rock. Imagine playing SS2 with them.
    I would predict a heart attack within 5 minutes of sustained use.

Hobbes, just what time is it over there?
    Shouldn't you be sleeping or something? smile.gif

LOL
    Just checked out Sony.com

$2599.00 MSRP*
    *Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.
    Actual selling price my vary.

(no s hit - upwards or downwards?)
    F uck that!

[This message has been edited by Maximilian (edited 22-09-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Zeon

Good news, sort of. I found out the real price of the Sony Glasstron VR Glasses:

Sony Glasstron PLM-A55, NTSC/PAL £850 uk

IS-30, Intertrax head tracker £650 uk

The head tracker comes separate (it controls the movement). It would still be cool without the head tracker. It would be kind of like playing a game sitting 2 foot away from a 56" Screen. Awwww drool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There are two different kinds of the Sony goggles, one of them is a couple of 100 dollars, another is a couple of 1000.

Max we are -5 hours from your time here, so it's quite a respectable time smile.gif

k, just don't do it again wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually its funny reading this coz the other day in work we got trained up on the new IBM release in the states.
    some of our new pcs are being sold witha new grafix card. its a 32 mg one but i cant rememebr the name of it
    any way in some games you can play in 3d.
    ie the screen is split into real 3d images
    you can buy the glasses as infrared or just connected for 30 dollars and they are ****in cool

i mean these things rock!
    absolute 3d
    i'll try and fins out what its called but theyre mad yokes all together!

every wanted to see a grown man cry with joy???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Zeon

You do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What model is it?
    Are they Aptiva's...?
    Ooh ohh, are they in the rec-room?
    Can I play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hahahaha dead o.
    dont tell me you are in ibm.
    no they are not in the rec room. only the pool table and the sky sports!

and the glasses dont come with the pc, only some of them come with graphics card that you use them with, the elsa erazor 3 with the nvidia tnt2 chipset. its the elsa glasses that you can buy for 30 odd dollars

http://www.newswire.ca/releases/April1999/06/c0221.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hee hee!, Santa is watching you... smile.gif

H0 H0 H0...etc

Advertisement