Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shelter??

Options
  • 05-12-2002 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

hmm.. I'm guessing the drowner should be able to answer this but if anyone knows please tell me..

what is the story with the shelter as regards a live venue at the moment? I haven't been down in that part of town for weeks and I've heard that it was being closed (or is closed) cos of fire regulations ? (something to do with the restructuring of vicar st?)

Can anyone confirm/deny? It'd be such a shame, I love that little venue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

kind of confirm

the shelter is now being used as a holding bar before the gig, where people can get drinks and such, and the same afterwards. so theres no more live gigs. or clubs. *sob*

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

God forking dammit...

The complete and utter derth of small venues to play in this city (centre) is soul-destroying. There's whelan's (waiting list a mile long long and you had better be damn friendly to them) and DA2.

Sorry but vodoo/isaac butt just dont really cut it sound wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

Don't foget Dorans. You can still generate a great buzz in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Muppet Monarchy

Yeah, it's a real ****in shame. You know what else is a real ****in shame? the ****ing goddamn sonofabitching hoor****ing arsemolesting nob****ing rimjobbing mothre****in censorship on this forum. We're ****ing adults for christsake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭bobzee

I think I heard vicar street were forced to close it, for fire regulations reasons.......pity though it was a nice venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Muppet Monarchy
    Yeah, it's a real ****in shame. You know what else is a real ****in shame? the ****ing goddamn sonofabitching hoor****ing arsemolesting nob****ing rimjobbing mothre****in censorship on this forum. We're ****ing adults for christsake.

not everyone on here is an adult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

There's the odd music centre slot around aswell, but almost as elusive as a slot in Whelans.

There's a gaff near portobello college... can't remember the name.

I'd say if you wanted to get gigs around the city you could... for example...

Slattery's in Rathmines,
    Catalonia in Terrenure,
    Molloys of Christchurch...

There are heaps of places that could be turned into a nice small venues. Unless you're into headbanging.. I don't know where you'd go then.

Keith

Advertisement