Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone heard of this???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

smells like bs to me, doesnt even tell you why it's the banned edition, only that it's 'banned and new'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the words "great", "big", "bag", "of" and "mickey" spring to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It got removed from shelves by some stores didn't it ... hence the "banned" bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I read somewhere there was a protest by a group of Sikhs. It was something like the game was using a Sikh person as a bad guy or something, not too sure.

The publishers put an apology and took down the screenshots of the offensive images on their site. They were then forced to re-release the game censored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

That was the problem alright

... memory refreshed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Superfurry

It was basically the equivelent of having a mission where you had to go to the Vatican and assasinate the "Evil terrorist Pope"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

As a catholic I wouldn't be overly upset/insulted by such a mission afterall its only a computer game but that's only my personal opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

KILL THEM! KILL EM ALL! KILL EVERYONE!
    I wonder who the aliens feel about the xenocide that happens in most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    KILL THEM! KILL EM ALL! KILL EVERYONE!
    I wonder who the aliens feel about the xenocide that happens in most games.
    Theres an idea retro, why dont you set up an aliens rights commity then and show hollywood the brutality in their ways to other worldly creatures... :)
    (hell everything else is protected by some form of commitee, aliens have rights too!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

My friend said that there was a mission where he went around shooting in a mosque , i doubt that cause erm thats a bit to extreme .................

Its a **** game i ve had it since July , bought it in thailand , played it once , now its under the bed .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    the words "great", "big", "bag", "of" and "mickey" spring to mind.

rofl :)

Thats kinda the way i feel about the game itself :)

Advertisement