Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slight sound prob ( onboard )

• 05-12-2002 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

I have a Packard bell imedia system. The problem I am experiencing is that the onboard sound card will not work after a restart.
    Example

Boot system
    Shows in device manager the ! And that the soundcard/ Intel 82801aa ac audio is not functioning properly. Once drivers are reinstalled the soundcard is working and sound can be heard from it. But after a shutdown or after restart it shows up the same problem of sound card not installed or drivers missing code 10

The mobo is a ga-6wmm7

I have looked on the gigabyte site for the correct drivers and am told that it’s a YAMAHA 744 sound driver I have installed these and its still showing the same problem I then went and looked for the Intel 82801aa ac audio controller which is experiencing the problem I installed this with the same result

Just looking for any tips or little things that I may have overlooked

Things I have tried

Used the recovery cd’s which proved to be no help
    Went into safe mode uninstalled all audio devices, then reinstalled again no help
    Reinstalled the operating system 2 times now with normal win me cd’s
    Looked in bios to see what was disabled

The soundcard is auto detectable by windows me

thx lads

Comments

Advertisement