Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet Another IE Problem

• 05-12-2002 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

i have limited details on this problem as im looking into it for my friend. The bottom line is that the font isnt English as it should be on this website, other sites work fine apart from two (care2.com and ratemykitten.com), which ive checked and home and are ok
    i attached a snapshot, u can see the garbled text on the left bottom menu part. Ive check the languages and fonts in the Internet Options and the encoding in IE, View... and they are all ok.

thanks

Ruu

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

My original guess was that the webmaster was using a set of fonts that were not installed onto your friends pc, but I have just tried the website from my windows 2000 PC, IE5.5 and the webpage is fine. I can only say try upgrading your IE to a later version. If that does not work, I'd say there is a problem with the systems fonts

Advertisement