Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad SKY Customer Service

• 06-12-2002 1:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just want to know if anyone else has been treated like this? I have had a problem with Classics TV since it launched. Every time I turn onto it, I just get a blue screen with the EPG Banner. I rang SKY Tech Support(Sunday), Told me to do a few things, no joy and said, we'll send an engineer out on Thursday. He'll ring to book a time(cool!!). I got a phone call at 8.00am to say "were very busy at Christmas and cant get to you today, We'll be their tomorrow." I missed a call at 8.45 am, but it was on my voice mail. It simply went,
    "Yeah this is SKY, your actually going to have to ring SKY to book an appointment, we're very busy at Christmas, Thanks."
    Now I think Sky's customer service is good, but this is varly NTL like treatment. Has any one else got treatment like this???
    Also I get the same problem with the Two Setanta Channels and NASN, are all these channels on the same Transponder???
    Anyone's help would be grateful,
    Cheers
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

Originally posted by DaveH
    Also I get the same problem with the Two Setanta Channels and NASN, are all these channels on the same Transponder???
    Those 4 are all on 11.623 H - one of the Eurobird transponders (they're the ones which start with the letter D on THIS LIST. Sounds like a dish alignment problem - check out your reception of other Eurobird channels and/or see what you get if you try to add Eurobird channels to your 'Other Channels'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

We had this problem until a couple of weeks ago on channels on the same frequency - 11.623 GHz. An old coax lead from the Dish to the dodgybox (and the previous analogue receiver) had a join in it after a window fitting accident done using proper F connectors back in 1995 and all was fine until a digital cordless phone was bought and all the channels on this frequency looked like a lego artwork. Replacing the downlead "cured" the problem although the real reason for the downlead being replaced was to rubbish the old one that went through the kitchen when new units are being fitted there next year!

Advertisement