Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed some light on Eircom Fra digital lines & hardware?

Options
  • 06-12-2002 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have been trying to get info from Eircom about their Fra business lines and hardware for 2 weeks and have been bounced from one dept to another.
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me. I have installation costs and rentals from the site but nobody seems to know much more.
    Does anyone here know anything about h/ware requirements? Compatible Pbx systems with ISDN cards etc and rough costs of these?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

FRA connects on a PRI ISDN card. Theres is no such thing as FRA card per se, only a PRI card.

as the Eircom fraction is 15 out of 30 the PABX has to be told that the other 15 channels are out of use, no big deal.

Eircom physically present to co-ax 75ohm OR rj45 (also known as q931) 120Ohms, you tell them when ordering it.

They install a box with lights on your premises and you run a cable from the box to the PRI card in the PABX. An ethernet cable does the job nicely for 120Ohm which is the normal connector nowadays.

Most of YOUR work is on the PABX, directing DDI's to extensions and stuff. Organising ddi outbound dialling and stuff.

the 1800501502 eircom business centre is pretty helpful and will go through it with ya rather than ringing the biddies on 1901 and trying to get them to do anything useful.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

a fractional Rate Line has *16 * channels the Install cost is €3299.00 and the rent per month is €158.64

Its a Primary Rate line with 14 channels blocked off and if you want more channels you open them in blocks of 2.

and all of what Muck said ///////

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

cheers guys for your info
    what I really need though is some info on the hardware, I'm being quoted 10k for a pbx, when the last one went in for 2k (irish) from the same Eircom contact, ok not isdn but more channels in the old system.
    What's the story with this massive price difference? Or is it just another one of those things that we have to bend over and take?!

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

We recently spent 5k with ATS to install a Toshiba system to work with a full PRI (30 channels).

HTH, Steve

Originally posted by Milkman
    cheers guys for your info
    what I really need though is some info on the hardware, I'm being quoted 10k for a pbx, when the last one went in for 2k (irish) from the same Eircom contact, ok not isdn but more channels in the old system.
    M.

I have no idea why you want a new switch, do elaborate!

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

Steve thanks for that I'll get on to them and have a look.
    Muck, its a new installation for another office branch.

M.

not very elaborate that, is it? :D

Advertisement