Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 server, 2 nics, 1 error

Options
  • 06-12-2002 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ok, I rebuld my server last night and for the first time had the two nics running at the same time using the same IP Range

Nic 1: 10.0.0.202
    Nic 2: 10.0.0.203
    server Name: Farscape1

But I get that there is already a PC on the network with the same name from netbios.

Anyone know a way to stop this and let me do some load blance on the server???

Win2k Server SP3 by the way.

Oh and its a server going down to UL Lan today by the way. So I need a fix asap :(

Oh and it Runs a DNS and a wins server. I have the Wins name setup to both IP address as a multi home leasing.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

You could use the network teaming and you should only have a single IP address then. If 1 network card dies then the other one will take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I'll keep that in mind. but what I need for it to do is have say a BF 1942 server on one nic and then Q3 and HL servers on the other or have remote access on one and game servers on the other...

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Make sure its the one you wanna play the games and you should be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Ok, something I should have pointed out. A laptop was on one nic cressed over and a PC on the other..... thats what caused the prob... its grand on a switch. all is well :D

Advertisement