Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinion of Doran's?

Options
  • 06-12-2002 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Anyone in a band here played Eamonn Dorans in the last 2/3 months since 'renovations' ? Any opinion on the place - in particular the sound??

Maybe anyone who's even just seen a gig there in the last 2/3 months who has an opinion on the place/sound.

cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Havent really been in Eamonn Dorans much but if ever was the sound was ok, and the stage has always been better than the cramped 'musician menageries' that some other venues call stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i dont like the sound there
    i remember being at a polar gig there, and the sound guy was drunk, coz of the irieland/spain match

thats bleedin terrible

mind u, when are polar EVER happy with the sound :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

We played Dorans in October and November - It's a decent enough venue if you don't expect too much from it - I think perhaps it's better for the band than necessarily for the audience. It's just nice to have room to breathe on stage rather than at Voodoo or the Isaac Butt.

The sound in Dorans is a lot better than it use to be (about 6 months ago) They've got a new set of speakers and stuff and it really makes a difference. The sound engineers are not always the most motivated tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Yes definately the place is better for the band than the audience.

I thought the sound was good last year when we played there.

The sound engineer was a guy from Dundalk that was working with us again another time in Voodoo. He was great both times.

Advertisement