Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Pioneer A05 DVD Recorder

• 06-12-2002 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I'm lookin for a Pioneer A05 DVD recorder, but ever place I have looked seem to be out of stock, does anyone know somewhere I caould get one online and at a good price?

Many thanks

mfield.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I can probably find u one m8...
    But please please dont tell me ure not gonna pay x amount of money because its y amount at komplett..
    I can try sqeeze one for christmas if u want a bit of help let me know :) Appy

It will be new and will be well packaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I spotted them here... don't know if they're "cheap", but they're in stock...

I presume you're aware of the problem with earlier Pioneer DVD burners?

Gadget

Think that inquirer is a load of tripe m8..
    4x speed discs were only released last week to coincide with the release on the ao5.
    Also the point of the ao3 and ao4 the patch is relatively easy to install.. ive never used it for the fact that ive never really done a dvdrw at 2x
    1 euro for a dvdr- pfft so i say why bother !

I have a new patch that burns all media at 2x on my pioneer ao3
    Only tried the datasafe, datawrite, and choice blues !!!

Also nice site there as well !! some nice info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

www.121cdr.co.uk also have them

Delivery is flat rate £16 Stg
    They were pretty good to deal with
    I put together a big order with some friends. We ended up paying tiny delivery per head.

Originally posted by The Apprentice
    Think that inquirer is a load of tripe m8..
    4x speed discs were only released last week to coincide with the release on the ao5.
    Also the point of the ao3 and ao4 the patch is relatively easy to install.. ive never used it for the fact that ive never really done a dvdrw at 2x
    1 euro for a dvdr- pfft so i say why bother !

I have a new patch that burns all media at 2x on my pioneer ao3
    Only tried the datasafe, datawrite, and choice blues !!!

Also nice site there as well !! some nice info :)

I'm not a mad fan of the Inquirer myself, but it was the first link I came up with after a quick google ;-)

I agree that the A03 and A04 firmware patches are easy to install, but
    1. A company with a reputation like Pioneer's should never let this sort of thing happen.
    2. It's only easy to flash the firmware if you're using an IBM-compatible PC. Anything else, and it's trouble...

OcUK are pretty good, actually; their shipping can be a little on the dear side for heavy/bulky orders, but they tend to sell the better stuff (or at least they did...) and the prices are usually within reason. Plus they've got a good reputation on warranties, I understand... not that I've needed to use it, as everything I've bought from them (two complete system's worth) has worked flawlessly.

Gadget

• Advertisement

It's only easy to flash the firmware if you're using an IBM-compatible PC. Anything else, and it's trouble...

All good points but i dont understand this one !!!
    Anyone point some light on this subject !!

Ibm as in not mac .. ??

Ocuk is good and prices are smashin.. :) Thumbs up

Originally posted by The Apprentice
    All good points but i dont understand this one !!!
    Anyone point some light on this subject !!

Ibm as in not mac .. ??
    Sorry, maybe I'm showing my age. An "IBM-compatible" PC means (or perhaps meant) a PC based on the original 4.077Mhz 8088-powered IBM PC (as IBM "invented" the PC, so to speak) or it's descendants; it's a handy catch-all phrase that covers all computers that run CPUs based on this "x86" architecture (so-named because until it was decided that you couldn't copyright a number) many processors were known by their numbers; the relevant numbers here are the 8086,(80)286,(80)386,(80)486 and so on (the 80586 became the "Pentium" as this was due to be released at the time of the US court ruling I've just mentioned), as well as the standard (and not-so-standard) interconnect technologies introduced (either by IBM or by industry thinktanks) over the years; MCA, (E)ISA, VL Bus, PCI, AGP and so on.

Perhaps the easiest way to describe it, after all that, is to think of them as anything that can run some flavour of either DOS or Windows natively; that rules out Macs, Amigas, most Unix workstations, etc.

Hope that helps,
    Gadget

Albeit a bit technical but i did get the point.
    Cheers APPY :)

Advertisement