Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Political Humour: The Bomb Iraq Song

Options
  • 06-12-2002 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if political humour is OT on this board. I suppose a mod could move it to the humour board if it is.

Bomb Iraq

(Sung to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know it, Clap Your Hands")

If we cannot find Osama, bomb Iraq.
    If the markets hurt your Mama, bomb Iraq.
    If the terrorists are Saudi
    And the bank takes back your Audi
    And the TV shows are bawdy, Bomb Iraq.

If the corporate scandals growin', bomb Iraq.
    And your ties to them are showin', bomb Iraq.
    If the smoking gun ain't smokin'
    We don't care, and we're not jokin'.
    That Saddam will soon be croakin', Bomb Iraq.

Even if we have no allies, bomb Iraq.
    From the sand dunes to the valleys, bomb Iraq.
    So to hell with the inspections;
    Let's look tough for the elections,
    Close your mind and take directions, Bomb Iraq.

While the globe is slowly warming, bomb Iraq.
    Yay! the clouds of war are storming, bomb Iraq.
    If the ozone hole is growing,
    Some things we prefer not knowing.
    (Though our ignorance is showing), Bomb Iraq.

So here's one for dear old daddy, bomb Iraq,
    From his favorite little laddy, bomb Iraq.
    Saying no would look like treason.
    It's the Hussein hunting season.
    Even if we have no reason, Bomb Iraq.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Quite unfunny. Congrats.

"Humour" board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

If you don't laugh at a lunatic like Bush you'd cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Good old satire.

Good? How low have our standards dropped?

/shrugs

Were a warped society....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

gulfwarposter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Lol Shinji :)

Hope that cheered you up, JustHalf.

Now thats funny - If youre going to do satire make it funny:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Very good shinji :)

One thing i dont understand is colen powells affiliation with the dubya administration. he has been seen by many as the candidate as the first black american president(personally i think he is a great man) but his support of the hardline bush attitide is contradictory considering the (slightly)rasist attitude of the republican party. anyone care to enlighten me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I have a great deal of respect for Powell, but I get the impression that he's fighting for his political survival at the moment. There is little support at a high level in the USA for anything other than the hardline Bush approach right now, and for someone in his position to dissent would be political suicide; during Desert Storm, sure, and it would have been a major concern if someone that well-respected dissented, but right now, Americans - even powerful Americans like Powell - haven't had to be so careful about what they say at any point in history since the McCarthy era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by bugler
    Hope that cheered you up, JustHalf.
    Yeah, at least it betrays a bit of talent! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    Very good shinji :)

One thing i dont understand is colen powells affiliation with the dubya administration. he has been seen by many as the candidate as the first black american president(personally i think he is a great man) but his support of the hardline bush attitide is contradictory considering the (slightly)rasist attitude of the republican party. anyone care to enlighten me?
    And what racist attitude is that?

The patronising kind?:)

Dont think he meant it like that but it does read like it, the inability to reconcile Powell agreeing with Bush due to some racist overtones existing in the Republican Party. Maybe Powell just agrees with them?:)

Originally posted by Biffa Bacon
    And what racist attitude is that?

Could it be the fact that George W. Bush didnt feel the need to condem Trent Lotts comments a few weeks ago?
    Maybe Powell just agrees with them?

his doveish attitude and earlier contradictions between the condeleza rice/donald rumsfeld hard line attitude of invade iraq and to hell with the rest of the world and his more cautious get the un mandate first line would indicate not a total support for dubyas policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    Could it be the fact that George W. Bush didnt feel the need to condem Trent Lotts comments a few weeks ago?
    Obviously you missed this statement then:

Any suggestion that the segregated past was acceptable or positive is offensive, and it is wrong. Recent comments by Senator Lott do not reflect the spirit of our country. He has apologized, and rightly so.

It is widely recognised that the White House was determined to see Lott go because of his remarks.

Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Biffa, as always, is completely accurate in his assertions. The Republican party holds blacks and other minorities in extremely high regard. Just ignore the fact that it has a lot of people in its ranks like Thurmond, Lott, and Helms.

Trying to destroy the ability of gay people to organise themselves, and giving support to the banning of inter-racial dating are both indicative of tolerance to the very core of the Republican Party. It is fairly tragic that a country with such amounts of minorities can end up with such rulers, but then thats what voter disenchantment/apathy brings. The fact that Lott only held a post as minor as Senate Majority Leader for the Party, and that he had made some dubious remarks over the years, not to mention his links to some unusual citizens councils (white folk, you'll understand), well all of these are also indicative of the Republican Party's repulsion at racism of any sort, however subtle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

On the subject of racism and the republican party, couple of intresting things to note, the admins links to jerry falwell and support of his school for hardline christian judges of the future.they didnt condemn his racist remarks on Islam(enraging the extremists in the middle east and providing more recruits for osama no doubt), until it became a chance for publicity at ramadan, and with Islamic leaders at the white house.Discrimination on basis of religion would appear to be a little more acceptable.

Also laws on crack and coccaine enacted by republicans(in the 80s I think) have a racial effect in that coccaine is a middle white class drug, and crack is a Black ghetto drug despite the substance being the same, abeit in different forms.This law has a clearly dicriminatory effect yet they refuse to repeal it.Although Clinton did nothing either.

ahh mandatory minimum sentences, dont you just love em.

5g crack = 5 years
    500g cocaine = 5 years
    http://www.lectlaw.com/files/jud18.htm

is crack 100 times worse than cocaine? or does the us need more than 10% of black males between 25-29 years old in prison? expanding that to the 20-29 age group that figure rises to somewhere in the region of 20%(if i can find the figures i will post em)
    Any suggestion that the segregated past was acceptable or positive is offensive, and it is wrong. Recent comments by Senator Lott do not reflect the spirit of our country.

if those were the exact words used by bush on lotts comments it could not be considered even a smack on the wrist.

oh trent your such a naughty boy. now what were you thinking? dont give me those puppy dog eyes. oh go on, you dont have to give up your place in the big boys club.

the pressure to resign on lott did not come from the high levels of the republican party. it was from grass roots activists etc. the republican party may have been founded on an anti slavery mandate but it has however lost its way since then and has disenfranchised an awful lot of minorities in the process.

Advertisement