Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy €50's

Options
  • 06-12-2002 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 clipper

these dodgy little terrors of which you speak are indeed roaming the streets, working their little terror booties at the moment. i was witness to one doing its worst only last week.
    but, i fear i need enlightenment:
    how does a hologram look different from a complicated hologram?
    what does a bad protection stripe look like?
    how does one tell the difference between a real and a not-so-real watermark?
    and, how many people conveniently carry around a wee uv light?
    not bein cheeky (ok maybe i am), but the traits you mention ain't that easy for your average joe to spot now, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

In saying "average joe" do you actually mean "feckin eejit"?
    Feel the poxy note, examine it a bit closer. People don't carry around UV lights, but most shops will have been equipped with them, and will generally check.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh. you don't have a UV light? Gee I keep my kitten powered UV light in my pouch all the time.

OK, I didn't explain for a non commercialoid - a Joe soap. Apologies.

The paper is very papery, so that is the first to check.
    Check against the light - the dual side "50" mark that has to line up, they won't line up.
    The hologram is a similar shaped metal shiny paper that changes colour like cds. There is an imprint of the number "50" as opposed to a proper hologram.

Oh and they taste of lemons if licked for a period of 10 seconds*

*not necessarily true

no dr. loon, i don't mean feckin eejit. i feckin know how to feel a bill and guess if tis real or not. and i feckin know that all shops have a uv to check them, but i think the warning was for the shoppers rather than those on the other side of the counter. i'm just curious about how you know about the other stuff, so that it can actually be useful information for everyone. no need to be so dang nasty. jeez....

see? gordon understands me and doesn't have to call me a feckin eejit
    thank you gordon. i am now the enlightened one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement