Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intro/Countdown

• 06-12-2002 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Am doing a DJ/party type gig tomorrow night.

Am looking for something as a build-up / intro / countdown / entrance theme / whatever... basically something short to play before the first song of the night starts

Have this (218Kb MP3) but it's not -quite- perfect...

Also have the short 20th Century Fox intro theme but don't think that's quite what I'm looking for... (a bit overkill tbh)

It's not life or death or anything...

Anyone have a suggestion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What's your first song going to be?

(that guy that you have there saying 54321etc is a multi millionaire by the way, just for smoking 200 fags a day too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Whats your first song going to be?

Not sure yet... will be putting my set together this evening and tomorrow morning... more than likely something with a sudden/explosive opening and with a celebratory theme to it. (The gig is to celebrate the opening of our new community centre)

How about that "THX" rising swoop that is on in the cinemas before a film starts? Maybe it isn't long enough.

Originally posted by Gordon
    Maybe it isn't long enough.

Probably not, - and probably not recognisable enough...

I'll try to find it though and see how it sounds as an intro for a song.

Any other suggestions?

How about a gathering of trumpets to herald the Caesar into the theatrium like they do on those Spartacus type films?

• Advertisement

well if I could *make* it I would, but I need a cheap and cheerful solution... so a specific track name or reference would be good...

as for where to get it, if someone can recommend me a soundbytes/effects audio cd to grab in HMV or somewhere, so I can get it legally... well... super!... otherwise I'm looking in the direction of p2p file sharing programs (at least until I *can* get it legally that is)...

P2P's don't have great effects but well worth a try obviously.

As for CD's, just try in any old shop - they are sometimes located in the Classical Music section strangely enough. Hey how about the Rocky theme tune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

rocky theme tune. and wear boxing gloves. you'll be the belle of the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

bah just noticed Gordon already posted that. damn my lateness :)

Heh.

So were you the belle of the balle Barde?!

• Advertisement

Hell yeah, I f*ckin' rocked ! :)

You Rocky'd?
    good stuff

Advertisement