Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted PC startup logo

• 06-12-2002 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

I hope this is a subject covered in this board. I cannot find one for PCs' in general.

My PC is a Gateway P3, 450Mhz,Windows ME and XP Professional. When it boots up it displays the Gateway name and logo - question is how can I get rid of this?

Thanks
    TVman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭halfab

Depends on the model of the board.
    If its a m-atx board then the answer is easy, using an intel bios for that board do a flash upgrade. The Gateway logo will be replaced by a "Made by intel" logo.
    (You will know you have a m-atx board if you have an onboard Riva 128 graphics with a little silver heatsink.

If its a full atx (if you have a AGP port) board then I am afraid you are stuck.

I know because I have both types.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

when the logo comes up, press F1. You'll be presented with a screen of various system settings/config. AFAIR the option to disable the startup logo should be on the first screen. After you've disabled it, i think its F10 to save & exit, then select yes and press enter to confirm.

^^ that removes the splash screen, not the smaller logo which replaces it on boot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I have the same problem on a packard bell machine
    is there any hope 4 me ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

its probably one of these locked down gateway bios versions, there is no option to disable it im afraid. the only option would be to get a new bios update not from gateway.. but thats probably a mad idea :)

u only see it for a few seconds anyway... :)

Advertisement