Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CASE tools for OS X

• 06-12-2002 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has come across any CASE tools that run in OS X, somthing along the lines of Select Enterprise or Rational Rose. Preferably aqua/cocoa based but running it in Xwindows wouldnt be a problem.

I know Rational have a UNIX version of Rose but it's only been released for Linux/i386 and Solaris/Sparc platforms.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

yeah, I happened to be looking for a tool to create use case diagrams juts a few weeks ago:

http://www.arctaedius.com/ObjectPlant/

only used it for an hour or two though, so can't really comment on it.
    What is the ObjectPlant?

The ObjectPlant is a shareware program for Object-Oriented Analysis and Design. The notation used by the ObjectPlant is based on the Object Modeling Technique, OMT but also supports a subset of the Unified Modeling Language (UML). The ObjectPlant is only available for the Macintosh.

Main features:

• Class diagrams
    • State diagrams
    • Sequence diagrams
    • Use Case diagrams
    • Activity diagrams
    • Diagrams can be exported in PICT or EPS format.
    • Code generation (C++, Java and partly Objective-C)
    • Document generation (Word 5.1-6.0 RTF format)
    • 25 USD for a single-user license
    • For 10 USD extra you get a Java, C++ and Objective-C parser to reverse engineer code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I run TogetherJ, as it's written in Java. However it wouldn't be much use to you unless the app you're writing is in Java also.

Teeth.

Advertisement