Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing modem Connection :(

Options
  • 06-12-2002 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

Back to the ballacks 56k connection :/
    Iv got a 'lucent 56k winmodem v.90 pci', and cant connect to iol no-limits higher than 38.6kbps.

Iv tried practically everything... init strings, tweaks etc etc., and the only increase i got were bogus 57.6kbps and 115.2kbps :(

Before i was on DSL, i was at least getting 44.6kbps on the same conection.

I know this has probably been posted before, but I couldnt find anything decent, lucent related in search...

Help appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by conZ
    Before i was on DSL, i was at least getting 44.6kbps on the same conection.

This could be post of the month for all the wrong reasons you know.

Did ya ring Eircom to find out if they've 'interfered' with your line recently?

I'm that sorry for ya!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

lol, same feeling ...
    No, havent rang eirconn yet, only realised it at 6, when i began connected to no-limits.
    Must have been because when I was filling out the Ennis broadband Survey, under 'what is your favourite website', i replied 'www.irelandoffline.org' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

This sounds very much like an exchange problem. This is to do with the connection in a physical sense I dont know the full story of it all but as far as I know if this is the problem there is bugger all you can do about it. :(

could someone post me the settings, or a link, for optimising connection ? cant find any proper ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Is that the end of the VDSL trials in Ennis or have you moved?

• Advertisement

lol, taught you might have something usefull for me :/
    Yep, end of the trial.., eircon arent releasing it until next summer.

The 'technician' that came out to take away the gear said it'd be €80 per month.. I wasnt there to ask him wheter there would be a cap on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by conZ
    lol, taught you might have something usefull for me :/
    Yep, end of the trial.., eircon arent releasing it until next summer.

(do you know...?) Is it because of Ennis being twinned with Phoenix that they're launching VDSL in Ennis? (Phoenix has had a very successful trial for the last few years, as I've mentioned elsewhere)

Or is it the other way around - Ennis as Ireland's "info town" twinned with Phoenix because they know what they're doing over there?

nope,
    havent heard a thing about that sceptre.,
    there was nothing mentioned in articles in the local newspaper.

Advertisement