Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has your pint gone up since the Budget?

• 07-12-2002 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Now I know spirits n *alcopops* [altho WKD n Smirnoff Ice etc. aren't alcopops strictly speaking] were increased by Charlie.

I know in my workplace, we haven't increased the prices yet.
    Fags have got up 50c + 25c but the alcohol hasn't been touched.

Talking to the boss, the pint was to be increased about a month ago but the publicans opposed it.

There's a meeting going this week [I think] betwenn the top brass of those involved to see whether the pint is gonna be increased.

Anybody know for sure what VAT alcohol is taxed at?
    If tis the lower rate, the price will go up anyway with the 1% increase.

Anyway...point is the pint shouldn't be gone up yet....and I think those increased in the budget shouldn't be gone up either till the top brass sort things out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

:O

I got a number of double vodkas tonight for €4.10. I think it was a buy one get one free promotion. 4.10 for a single shot is a bit of a rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Haven't seen any price rises as of yet but I was wondering if the price of a pint of Smirnoff Ice would go up. Guess will just have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Was gonna say something about the price o a pint of S/Ice...then membered you can get it on tap!
    oops!

place of work doesn't do Ice on tap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Beer has gone up about 10 cents!

Advertisement