Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lennon Tribute, Phantom 4-6pm Sunday 08/12/02

Options
  • 07-12-2002 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Believe it or not, it's twenty-two years tomorrow since John Lennon was killed. I remember it well, sitting down for me cornflakes of a morning, knee-high to a grasshopper, and hearing it on the news. Even though I was just 7, I knew who John Lennon was. He was like that. I was so sad that I wrote it in "My News" in school that day.

Most media outlets only really focus on milestone anniversaries of famous dead people, like the 10th, 20th, 25th etc. With this in mind, it's doubtful that many media organs will be doffing the cap to Johnny Boy tomorrow, which is where we come in. I don't know about you, but whenever I hear "December 8th", John Lennon is the first thing that springs to mind. If you're a Lennon fan, and let's be honest, there's only a few who aren't, tune into Phantom tomorrow, Sunday 8th at 4pm. We'll be playing almost two hours of John Lennon songs by various artists, encompassing his Beatle and Solo years. If you want to hear a particular Lennon cover, contact me during the show and if I have it, i'll play it. But remember, no Blackbird or When I'm 64 etc , cos they're from McCartney's canon. The triple play at 4:45 will be three songs written about John Lennon shortly after his death by three different artists. And sure we'll slip in a couple of tracks from the man himself as well.

And to further cement our dedication to JL, This Week's Album Archive on Thursday at 8 will feature John's "Imagine" album from 1971, more details to follow on this board.

Regards

Rob

Advertisement