Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DiSEqC & Skyline probs

• 07-12-2002 2:45pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

I recently bought a 4way DiSEqC switch to use with my Manhattan Skyline 3000. But I can't get it configured. The instruction manual isn't very helpful with setting it up.

I have the switch wired:
    1: Hotbird
    2: Astra
    3&4: Spare

I thought it was just a case of setting up the receiver so that Hotbird is Diseqc 1 and Astra is diseqc 2.

But instead of choosing a bird and allocating a diseqc number, i get numbers so that Sat 1 can be diseqc 1 for example. But i don't know what Satellite 1 (choice of 50) is or anything else.

So does anyone have a Manhattan receiver with diseqc switch? How do ya configure?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

oooh, your such a n00b.
    :)

I have never used a Skyline but i asumme in the Diesq menu you have an option to first enable disable and maybe an option for Diseqc 1.1 and 1.2 (you want that) and after that it should be either motor control or switch options.

You assign ABCD to the inputs and the birds on each and away you go, it really is plug and play for the digi generation.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've been through all the menus and it took some deliberation to just get Hotbird to work! The instruction manual is useless when it comes to configuring a switch. There is an option for Diseqc 1.2 or Diseqc 1.3 in the Tuning Menu but no option for Motor or Switch.

There is another menu called Antenna Settings which has following:

Antenna: *here u choose a number between 1-50 which would have made sense if the sats I've tuned had numbers allocated*

LNB Type: *obvious*

22k Tone: *obvious*

DiSEqC: *this is the option where I can choose 1,2,3,4,miniA, miniB*

12V: *to power voltage switched lnbs*

Store

So it's something to do with this menu but if only the top option had bird names as opposed to numbers. So that i could have Astra as diseqc 1 or whatever.

I will make another attack at it tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

If you like to send me a PM to digibox@hotmail.com I'll give you my phone number I have the Manhattan 2500 APCI and I have all four lnbs enabled and done with ease.
    Regards JD!!! Belgium!!!!!
    PS You might find something here http://www.eurosat.co.uk

byte

Looking here now. Is that yourself i see in there asking about magiccams?

I might post me problem there. I have 3 satellites tuned in before I got switch - Astra1, astra 2 and Hotbird. Does this make a difference? Should I do a master reset and start from scratch? There must be an option somewhere I can make Hotbird "Satellite 1" and Astra "Satellite 2" and so forth...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

You have it in front of your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiSEQC 1234

Do cable from astra on 1
    Cable from Hotbird on 2

Store
    go to channel search..On disqec entry one you have astra and on two you have hotbird

You can also use the mini A mini B

• Advertisement
    byte

hmmm.

so i have to tune in everything again? Master reset? I would expect the signal thingy to go green too when it senses signal... but it doesn't seem to. The top Satellite number option has some relevance too. Maybe switch is faulty? Dunno. Will have another shot later on tonight...

do you have a manhattan rx seano?

On another note, i see that there is a new software update for Skyline 3000 with some important features like auto16:9. I assume I need some sort of data cable? RS232?

I have a nokia..

make sure dishes are lined up before you set up to the switch..

Ps ..As regards softwareupdate,check the Manhatten site,,The majority of updates go via the air nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have a 4-way diseq on a PC sat card.
    I have to
    a) Tell it the right kind of Diseq so that I get either
    4 LNB options OR 2 LNBs each with option A and B (This also is 4 LNBs). Which menu depends on which application I use.

b) Each "position", LNB or "option/LNB" combination then has to have the correct Satellite Selected so that a list of current transponders will speed "scan". Many Satellete receivers can have a list of active transponder settings.

c) Then I Scan & Store on each satellite.

Originally posted by seano
    Ps ..As regards softwareupdate,check the Manhatten site,,The majority of updates go via the air nowadays.

Not entirely true.
    If a particular STB is endorsed by a Bouque then OTA upgrades are common but are you sure Manhattan offer OTA upgrades?

• Advertisement
    byte

Well I've it finally sorted!

I did a Master Reset, which didn't really fix the problem but helped me find the problem. I actually WAS getting signal from Astra but didn't know it. The default transponder chosen by the Manhattan is offline/defunct and thus I had no signal lock. I went into TP Data option where I could change to next tp which turned the signal bars green (locked)! After that it was all easy as pie! Now both are working grand!

Thanks to all for your help, and to greenman, who made an offer to ring him! Luckily, I didnt need to ring Belgium! :D

Regarding software upgrade, it's availabe from their website for download where it must be unzipped to a folder. After that I havent a clue but I guess it uses RS232 cable. But will the computer recogise the system when i plug it in? And can i update software without sat signal? And will it reset everything?

Surely you have some form of loader program?
    RS..ooh soo slow..Dream has USB goodness.
    :)

byte

Yeah, there may be some sort of loader program. Will look into it further. The download itself is under 2MB.

Advertisement