Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

etiquette of one night stands

• 07-12-2002 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

What do you think the etiquette of one night stands are.

I'm not looking for advice. I'm just curious what different people opinions on the matter are.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Quite a vague question there €1.

Do you mean - how should one act after the night is over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Just make sure you both enjoy it and no one gets an STD.

Oh yeah and don't leave the shower plug-hole full of hair in the morning ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Have fun. Make it safe. get her number and never phone her unless shes fit. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

"before" etiquette. My attitude is if its consensual and safe then I have no problem with it.

"afterwards" etiquette for me would be to not stay till the morning. As a rule with me if and when it has happened I'm gone by the early morning, 6/7am latest.

Imagine being really hungover, totally sober and with someone that you know nothing really about other than you like how they look. Then imagine actually not being able to get out of there (where are we again?!) without having some toast and coffee, it is the morning after after all, and it would practically be rude not to. (This happened to me the first time...NEVER again, it was really akward)

Na the only way to go is to do it in the wee hours, if you like her leave your number. If not, go quietly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

that last post realy reminded me of a cereal ad, where the girl gets up 2 leave in the middle of the night, sees the guy has this amazing cereal in and gets back in bed..............................absolutely nuthing to do with anything but its stuck in my head now.

as a separate question to the girls.......would ye not b slightly offended if the guy leaves as soon as the deed is done?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

"afterwards" etiquette for me would be to not stay till the morning. As a rule with me if and when it has happened I'm gone by the early morning, 6/7am latest.

Phew. I thought it was only me, who never went for seconds in the cold light of the morning after the night before.

Somehow I feel less guilty now.*
    *since I didn't feel guilty anyway... that's actually quite amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by Shad0r
    someone that you know nothing really about other than you like how they look.

That may not be true ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Moan baby when we bone, its on
    Its so strong niggas in the next room will come
    I got your head swinging
    Tongue kissing
    As I hit it from the back
    With the bed ringing
    (Ha Ha)
    Give me space
    As I lick your face
    Stick the place
    Synchronized so I grind when they kick the bass
    Love ****ing in the morning
    I get you wet and bust a sweat
    Then I'm gone
    Left you on your own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

I always stay around the next day for a bit maybe even go shoping with them or something. But I usually sleep with people i actually like even if its only a one night thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

One night stands are odd things...hopefully, they will always be safe and consensual, and they are the most important actors.

But morning self preservation sees fear (maybe something unsafe happened), guilt (what effect is this going to have) and a sensation of panic that is more often than not felt by BOTH parties. You could
    a) run away
    b) have a joke and see the reaction
    c) ask him/her/them to breakfast
    d) ask him/her/them if they would like you to go away, or whether they want to hang out.

I often find that a quick initiation of talk is a *very* good indicator of what you should be doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

One night Stands are great I had a few reciently and you should have as many as possibly can. you never know when you are going to be tied down and if you are dont do them its not nice . unless your not going to get caught

If you like the person when you wake up and are sober give them a call if not get back into town the next friday and start all over again.

and by the way I have never called any of them back :-)

Advertisement