Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re[placing my broken VCR with tv card ???

Options
  • 07-12-2002 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

My old reliable VCR has decided to die on me, and I was thinking if I put a TV card in this pc, recorded the programmes to hard disc, transferred them to VCD, then played them on my DVD connected to TV. Is this possible, and what would the quality be like, dont feel like spending money on a new VCR when I intend to get a DVD recorder as soon as they hit the €500 mark, Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good idea if asll in close proximity.
    and you have a good TV caputre card it would be as clear as it is on TV best to recodr of Sky Digitial if you have it.

But it all depends on the Tv Card buy a cheap one and quality may not be so good.
    Buy a top notch Pinnacle and your fine.
    kdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to get a Tv card alrite, but there more expensive than I thought, but I fancy experimenting with one!! So I'll keep an eye on Ebay for a bargain.

Advertisement