Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone playing Homeworld online?

Options
  • 21-10-1999 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I've played 3 games, got my butt kicked around the shop smile.gif But only 1v1 games, anyone on for a multiplay over the weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Nope, way to laggy for my tastes!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yea lag varies from game to game :/

I'm still getting kicked around the place, only just found out you can hyperspace, when someone I was playing against jumped 6 carriers and the mothership and tons of ships out of hyper space right on top of me.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Its good alright. The only problem is, I think the Mothership is a bit too vunerable . I played one game and built up a fairly big fleet, divided it into two groups - one made up of frigates and another with heavy cruisers and destroyers. I,moved the frigate fleet in as a distraction and hyperspaced the big *******s to the mothership. It didnt take too long to nuke the mothership. It seems that a destroyer rush tactic works, unfortunately

resource injection games suck as everyone just stockpiles then throws everything at people.

If I see stuff dropping out of hyperspace I jump just the mother ship straight out.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah but hyperspacing the mothership costs a ****load of ru's. Way more than hs-ing capital ships, or am I mistaken

• Advertisement

Nope your not, but in Resource injection games the ones that most people tend to set up everyone is loaded after 10 minutes and get hyperspace to thier hearts content.

I think Grav well generators (active) can force a ship out of hyperspace.

What I've found to be a nasty tactic to play is when building fighters and corvets, keep them docked in carriers. It can make your attacking fleet look so much weaker. Launch all your fighters at the last min for a nasty surprise to your enemy. Works great in defense aswell...

Soon you will call me MASTER

Whats everyone's opinion on stealth fighters.
    I've been experimenting. They're a bit crap.

Also, heavy corvettes on burst are excellent at kicking the shi t out of groups of fighters.

multigun corvets are pretty nasty too.....

Advertisement