Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video-In

• 07-12-2002 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I recently got a Leadtek card with MYVIVO support. What do I need to do to convert the signal coming in on the cable wire to my house to something readable by the card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

You'll probably need to have a VCR to convert it, as im pretty sure thats not a dedicated TV/Capture card;
    Connect the tv-cable to the VCR and then a Scart->Composite from the VCR to either the video-in on the graphics card or to the (probably) supplied s-video->composite dongle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Underscore

Ok, I ran the cable wire through my VCR and then connected the VCD to the composite video-in dongle on the card (after about 5 different adaptors), but I'm still getting a black screen with Virtualdub's AVI capture and the Winfast PVR software that came with it. I've tried setting them to composite video, then putting a tape in the recorder and playing it, but I still don't get a signal. Am I using the right programs for this, is there any special configuration I have to do?

Advertisement