Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good "band" songs?

• 07-12-2002 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

Hey, just started a "band" with a girl singing for me while i play the guitar.
    We're planning on playing in a few pubs in town in a couple of weeks.
    All we need from you guys is a list of popular songs that the people want to hear. Now, this is Ballybay we're talking about so no NEW METAEL or anything.
    Need songs that will sound good acoustically. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Metallica - Nothing else matters, m8 of mine did a really good version of this acoustic and i still cant get it outta meh head.

Just a guitar and a singer.... ummmmm not much of a list i can think of off the top me meh head.....

Stairway to heaven :):D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I Got You Babe!

Sorry it was the only one I could think of.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

it's so crazy it just might work....that song "i got you babe" would work really well actually and i'm working on learning Nothing Else Matters for a solo perfomance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

Seafood - Desert Stretched Before The Sun
    Murder City Devils - 365 Days (very very good song)
    Should be able to get those songs off Kezaa.
    The Redneck Manifesto have some good stuff too.

Seafood - Desert Stretched Before The Sun
    Murder City Devils - 365 Days

the crowd we'll be playing to won't have heard any of those songs so it will be pointless playing them.
    Come on people..i know your better than this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Shakira - wherever whenever

The Pogues - Dirty Old Town (v.easy to play so a duet wouldnt be difficult, if not still a hugely recognised and liked song)

Travis - Why does it always rain on me

Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight

The Frames - Revelate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Scrappy]-[Nick

What kinda sound are you after like..you can be as versitile as hell like you can go for catchy blues numbers etc..even throw an acoustic tilt on catchy numbers..

I Had an idea..I dunno if its at all pluasable but if I was in a covers band..learn a **** load of covers then the week before you play (or plan a **** load to learn) the gig arrive at the place and hand out like a sheet and go 'if your in here next week what would you like to hear?' and let the crowd pick the tunes best 12 - 15 you play.. so then you appeal to the majority..never tried it so I cant stand back and go 'it works' it aint a sound theory..

all the best regardless

NeM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Anything Eagles-
    Anything Coldplay
    Anything Bowie
    Anything Stones

cheers NeMiSiS, that's a pretty nice idea.

thx for all the other songs...any more *specific* covers that usually go down well for other bands? (girls voice)

and Nemises..to answer your question, i'm just looking for songs that sound good on the guitar and that everybody knows and loves. ..60s/70s and some good sounding new songs perhaps..

• Advertisement
Advertisement