Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussions on far-right English parties

Options
  • 08-12-2002 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Swiss

Let me first start of by thanking you
    for your considerate response to my post,
    you seem like a resonable person, but let me also state my dissappointment over your locking of the BNP thread.

Bonkey

[snip]
    If you have any problem with a poster, take it up with the individual via PM. Do not post here about it.
    [/snip]

Finally let me tell you all a story of an incident that took place some months back ( around the time of the 2002 WCup), my work colleagues and myself were working away at Limerick Lexcorp ( Fictional ) when we heard some distrubing news on the Radio, the Rise of Le Pen in France.
    Later on in the canteen, even though our company is multi-national, ( Spanish, Irish, American, French, German workers...) we had a good strong debate and calm discussion about it. Everybody was allowed speak or make his/her comment.

Spanish, French and Irish people were all equally concerned about the rise of some throw back Nazi bigot.

I also do think that Irish people here and other nations such as Spain or France, have a real right to be concerned about a fresh rise in a far-right party like the BNP who ideals are often based in Facsim.
    These political parties should be prevented from growing in Europe and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask this topic for a new thread discussion.
    Originally posted by Swiss
    .......I want to make it clear to everybody, if you think that this board is overrun by pro british fascists, this is not the place to discuss it......

You said it first

Bee jj: No Comment yet!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You have some valid points to make about the rise of the extreme right, so why do you insist on surrounding them with inflammatory rubbish about the moderators of the board or the "pro-English" posters and so on in such a manner as to ENSURE that nobody will be prepared to discuss them with you?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Well put Shinji

As I have said all you have to do is be civil and dont talk sh1t about people you dont know, then you wont get banned

if you can't do that, do what Bonkey said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bee JJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 VETov

A sudden revival of the NSDAP
    That's bad
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

The most accurate description of BNP I have come across recently is "race hate in a suit". They like to give a veneer of respectablility and reason to what are blatantly racist ideals. For example, they cite 'the dangers of multiculturalism' (mulitculturalism somehow becoming a euphanism for all source of evil) whenever any disturbances that are racially orientated flare up in England.

Most people are aware that naked rasism is a 'bad thing' (tm). This is why the BNP for example like to dress this up in colourful terms like 'societal difficulties' and 'multiculturalism'. It is a carefully constructed image, designed as I have stated to shroud the core ethos of the party.

Their greatest weapon is ignorance. Mostly people being ignorant about what they really represent, but sometimes people being ignorant about the trouble (or lack thereof) that multiculturalism would present if people showed a little more acceptance and tolerance of other cultures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Its fair enough to have a discussion on far right english parties....just so long as you be civil to the mods....calling them pro-loyalist, anti-irish is pretty much insulting and ignorant....hence swiss locked the thread!

And please do discuss it...but have some cop-on and respect for the guys and gals that keep the forums inline with common decency and respect for other peoples opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

SearrarD has pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'd like this discussion to go ahead, because charting the proliferance and prominence of right wing parties is an is an interesting topic in itself. However I will look at this thread carefully, and any trolling or off topic conversation will be summarily edited.

You can fight the system all you want, just not here :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Originally posted by swiss
    "race hate in a suit". They like to give a veneer of respectablility and reason to what are blatantly racist ideals. For example, they cite 'the dangers of multiculturalism'

On occasion, I have questioned the benefits or advantages of "multiculturalism" on this forum. Does this positional viewpoint label me and others as a "blatant racist"?

Respectfully, the remaining body of your post is a condescending, patronising "tutorial" to those of us who harbour serious concerns regarding wholesale immigration and the consequent effects thereof. The topic deserves a more serious consideration .
    Most people are aware that naked rasism is a 'bad thing' (tm). This is why the BNP for example like to dress this up in colourful terms like 'societal difficulties' and 'multiculturalism'. It is a carefully constructed image, designed as I have stated to shroud the core ethos of the party.

Their greatest weapon is ignorance. Mostly people being ignorant about what they really represent, but sometimes people being ignorant about the trouble (or lack thereof) that multiculturalism would present if people showed a little more acceptance and tolerance of other cultures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Originally posted by swiss
    if people showed a little more acceptance and tolerance of other cultures.

Here's a mad idea. How about other cultures (asylum seekers, etc., as guests in this country) showing some acceptance of our culture? Like recognising that credit-card fraud, pimping schoolgirls or selling flowers as a cover for pick-pocketing is not acceptable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement