Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex Cinema Prices

Options
  • 08-12-2002 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

The cinema prices in the Omniplex have gone up 50c this weekend (its now €5.50 daytime and €7.50 at night).

Now I'm sure that they'd have had to put up the prices in January because of the VAT increase in the budget (although that should have been only 10c). However, this increase strikes me as being a bit opportunistic considering that this is the weekend where they start selling tickets for LOTR:TTT.....

Cha-ching for the Omniplex....

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Seems a bit opportunistic all right. Seem to remember prices went up a fair bit at the beginning of the year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

You should go to the Savoy, it's much cheaper and stinks of puke :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've given up on the omniplex after the last time. I should have turned around when i saw all the vans...

Ennis is cheaper anyway!

Originally posted by John2002
    it ... stinks of puke :D

Rarely was a truer word spoken:D

It's really cheap with a student card at the Savoy (I gather we're supposed to call it the "Cineplex" now) compared with the Omniplex.

Last time I went there was to see the Thomas Crown Affair. Double seat collapsed under me (and I'm not that fat). That was the end of me and the Savoy (went to see Gladiator there but it was in the old Central across the road - much more comfy seats there).

(bit annoying that it's such a kip TBH - it's only one block over and one down from where I live)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I do find the "Cineplex" good though if the Omniplex is full after a new release. You're pretty much always guaranteed to get in there anyway, provided you're willing to hold your breath for a couple of hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Kinda weird though. Has anyone actually seen someone puke in there? Or is it one very old one brewing somewhere? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Diggin' up an old thread.

Omniplex prices up another 50c this weekend (€8 after 5pm, €6 before), just in time for the blockbuster season. In addition to that, popcorn is up 50c on average. Just because there is no competition, they feel they can rip us off (and they'll get away with it).

Anyone got any news on the cinema thats allegedly opening in castletroy? (Its been rumoured for at least 5 years now, but I haven't heard anything concrete on it)

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB
    Anyone got any news on the cinema thats allegedly opening in castletroy? (Its been rumoured for at least 5 years now, but I haven't heard anything concrete on it)
    First rumour as you'll recall was that it was going behind Chawke's where Superquinn is. Then in the last year it was supposed to go into phase 2 of the parkway retail thingie. The latest news I heard about the whole thing last week was that none of this was going to happen and the new cinema would be part of that shopping centre supposedly going out on the Ennis road. Take your pick with a blindfold and a pin.

I've not been to the omniplex in quite a while - I've been going in Galway and Cork (where incidentally, student cards work at weekends and in evenings).

Advertisement