Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative DXR3

• 08-12-2002 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I have one of these lying about. So I am wondering if I can use this for outputting divx's or whatever?

I assume that i would have to use some hack or program or whatever.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    I have one of these lying about. So I am wondering if I can use this for outputting divx's or whatever?
    It's an odd card. To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to directly access its framebuffer. There are a few solutions out there, like this one, that work around the problem by decoding the divx, re-encoding it as a high bitrate I-frame-only MPEG, then send that to the card. Less than ideal from the CPU use point of view, but the quality of the card's TV output is phenomenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Having a look into that now man. thanks for the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

thought that it would work but it seems that page is for linux only and I am too much of an idiot to figure out how to do what it suggests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

There is a program, which will play anything through it. Its slightly buggy ( have to restart it a few times to get picture right) . I can't remember what its called right now, but I'll dig it up on my pc at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Something like HHPlus then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yup, thats the one.

Advertisement