Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting files onto meh 7650

• 08-12-2002 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Right need to know a way to transfer meh files to me 7650, i know the normal ways of using bluetooth / ir but is there any other way ?

If not could someone sell me an adapter :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

I don't have any adapter type things yet either, so I just go on to my webmail (using an O2 account) and email the files with attachments to myself. Then I download that email to the phone.

Not the cheapest option but it works.

Hope that makes sense :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ironape

U cud just mail them 2 urself, then check ur mail from ur phone, like i do. /me gratuitously post from his phone :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

seems logical (slaps head) although i thought i read somewhere that the email program doesnt recgonise .sis attachments ?

I cant wait to see the cost of emailing doom7650 to myself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The e-mail client can recognise .SIS files, no problem ;)

Thanks, that shut my whinging up :). Now for that fat b***ard to arrive on his sleigh and gimme meh phone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

I will be selling the IR adapters in the next couple of weeks just trying to sort it out with me supplier was trying to charge me too much so got to find another supplier for these!!!

will let u know asap! but i have a propgram tat allows u to forward on any received program or anything from ur fone onto another fone! so if anyone wants it mail me!!

brophy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Originally posted by Fidelis
    The e-mail client can recognise .SIS files, no problem ;)

when I try to access files with my phone from my O2 account it won't recognise the .sis files either, but then I'm accessing them through the WAP browser. If I access them through the mailbox in the messages folder will it make a difference, I ask because I haven't been able to get the mailbox working with my O2 mail account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man
    when I try to access files with my phone from my O2 account it won't recognise the .sis files either, but then I'm accessing them through the WAP browser. If I access them through the mailbox in the messages folder will it make a difference, I ask because I haven't been able to get the mailbox working with my O2 mail account

Well i think everyone has been refering with respect to using sis's from emails from the messages system pre-installed on the fone. Should be possible to use the wap browser to get them through that mail system, but o2 mail works fine for me on the 7650
    try server : pop3.dol.ie as yer incomming mail server, ye might have it wrong.....

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    Well i think everyone has been refering with respect to using sis's from emails from the messages system pre-installed on the fone. Should be possible to use the wap browser to get them through that mail system, but o2 mail works fine for me on the 7650
    try server : pop3.dol.ie as yer incomming mail server, ye might have it wrong.....

Yeah I got it sorted, I rang the o2 helpline and they said that I had been set up for the bill settings instead of the pre-pay so I put in the settings they gave me and I was away :)

If anyone else is having the same problem I can post them up here

ah i didn't realise you couldn't access any email servers, yeah o2 were terrible about settings for the fone back when i got mine, but it wasn't an approved handset then so no open net access config file.............awell hope yer .sis things are all working out for ya ok anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Doom 7650 is overrated :)
    It's a good 'look how cool my phone is' piece, but i found it was WAY too small to play properly, and it took up all the memory.
    Maybe on the 3650 it'll be better?

its not rated as good to play by anyone that i've talked to, it just sounds kool to have it on your fone. the playability is utterly brutal, i doubt it'll be fixed on the 3650 as i don't think you can play it with out a mouse or some new device..........certainly nothing thats on any fone mention'd to date is going to be any use imo for a decent game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ironape

There are a few good games out there. I have a snails demo that plays amazingly (a worms knock-off) and a java version of pacman which is a lot of fun. I know they may not be quake3 but compared to (cr@ppy old) snake they're excellent :)

Ape

Speaking of games does anyone know of a good place to get freeware games and applications for the 7650?

http://my-symbian.com/main/index3.php?cat=3

the 7650 section on that site is great (sorry too lazy to get a direct link, that just happened to be the page i had open :) )

Advertisement